We absolutely LOVE seeing great photography on Tangorium Marketplace. We know that our shoppers get inspired by beautiful imagery, plus it helps to build your brand identity and emphasises how amazing your product is, too.
Whether it’s indoors or outdoors, on location or in a studio, the best place to shoot your imagery is totally up to you. We do have a few things you need to think about before snapping, though.
Please don’t use:
- Stark lighting: we want your shots to look as natural as possible – try to shoot in natural light or, if you have to lift the shots, keep any artificial lighting as natural-looking as possible and try not to have product or models floating in stark white space
- Too much editing: don’t over retouch or add harsh filters, borders or watermarks to your shots. We also don’t allow collages – images should contain only one shot
- Flat shots*, pack shots or mannequin shots: clothing must always be shot on a model**. Please don’t upload shots featuring more than one model either, unless it’s a unisex items and both models are wearing the same thing (remember to list in men’s and women’s categories to gain visibility)
- Images which don’t make it clear what is being sold: for example, when shooting jewellery please don’t stack/layer items – it must be explicitly clear which item is up for grabs in your listing
- Someone else’s imagery: you must own the shots you upload to your boutique – we don’t allow stock imagery/imagery from suppliers on Tangorium Marketplace, even if you have purchased the rights to use the images
- Black and white images
- Catwalk shots
Image sizes and extra details:
- Product images: you can upload five portrait images per product listing. Try to use the shots to showcase all the details of the product you’re selling. Images have to be a minimum of 870x1262px
- Store storefront: your storefront image should represent your boutique and brand – a strong, seasonally relevant image will make the most impact. The size for your storefront is 490x355px. Remember, if you are paying for promoted slots on the homepages your boutique storefront image will be used on its own so make it appealing for this
- Store logo: your brand logo should be 310x169px
If you’re selling branded items, you need to include shots of labels, authentic details and (if available) any receipts and tags. We’ve got further info about selling brands over on our blog.